Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A momentous day....

Well, I was planning to just blog about this past weekend's festivities in New York today, but Jack had another plan. Today was a day for the baby book. After the 100th time of dodging Jack's hands while I was eating lunch and wrestling my spoon away from him, I decided maybe we should start real food today. At our doctor's appointment last week he told us we can start purees and rice cereal whenever we want. I bought some rice cereal and a few containers of baby food at the store and figured I would start whenever it seemed right....and today, it just seemed right. So, this afternoon, Jack chowed down on some pureed bananas. At first he absolutely loved eating off the spoon. Then, he decided he wasn't sure if he liked how it tasted and made a lot of "gross" faces. Then, he decided he liked it again and opened his mouth every time the spoon came close. I wish I had gotten some pictures. I will try to post some tomorrow. It was the funniest thing!

Today was also the first day Jack rolled over on his own. I had a continuing education course and test I had to take online today so Jack got some tummy time on the floor next to me. He is doing a great job of pushing himself up with his arms. Every minute or so I would look over to Jack and talk and laugh with him. He was giggling and trying to grab the toys in front of him. Then, all of a sudden I looked back at him and he was on his back, laughing, and looking totally shocked about what just happened. I jumped out of my seat and ran over to him and told him how amazing he was for rolling over...and he started laughing so hard he got the hiccups!

So, today was a pretty momentous day for Jack - and we had a lot of fun too!

No comments:

Post a Comment