Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A big commitment...


Last night Matt and I went to the Naval Academy Class of 2011 Commitment Dinner. This is an evening celebrating the juniors making their 2 for 7 commitment. Basically, they are agreeing to serve for 7 years, in return for 2 more years of "free" school. This is a pretty big day. These amazing college students are making a huge decision that will have a major impact on their lives - they are agreeing to serve their country for at least 5 years after graduation. I was able to hear why many of them were choosing to sign. All had inspirational stories. We had a delicious dinner in King Hall, the dining hall at the Naval Academy. Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture while we were at the table, but I did get a great picture of what 1000 mids look like going through a small doorway! Congratulations Class of 2011! I am so proud of all you have done and all you will do!

No comments:

Post a Comment