Thursday, July 2, 2009

Is this a sign?

Well, not much to report today. Jack's been doing quite a bit of work (i.e. being passed between the ladies of the office while I see clients) the past two days - a big special thanks to Nancy and Nancy, Stacy and Andrea for keeping Jack entertained!

We've also tried to sneak in some visits to the Academy this week, too, so we can see Daddy. Not only is Jack asleep when Daddy gets home at night and leaves again in the morning, Mommy usually is too! Feeling the need to spend some quality time together just talking, Jack and I decided to drive over to the Academy tonight to go for a walk. We strolled around the sea wall for about 45 minutes and waved to Daddy in his window before he had to go give a speech to his plebes. We talked quite a bit about all the fun things to do in Annapolis in the summer and why we love it. There were two things that made Jack smile and laugh every time I said them - feeling the warm breeze on your face and smelling the salty air. I'd have to agree with him, those are my two favorites too!

I also bought Jack his first plane ticket today. We are going to Long Island in August to visit my grandparents and go to a traditional clambake. After reading about 50 websites on airline safety for infants, I decided to go ahead and buy him a ticket so he can have a real seat. I took advantage of Jack's long nap today to check the airline ticket prices and book the flight. The second I clicked "confirm and purchase" to actually buy my tickets, Jack woke up screaming. He had been asleep for 3 hours, so it was about time for him to wake up. But I can't help thinking.....is this a sign?

No comments:

Post a Comment