Sunday, August 18, 2013

Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down

There's a couple things that I miss about Sunday while I'm underway. Obviously, I miss going to church with Amy and the kids. But, there's something else, a little more subtle that I miss. I miss the "free hours" before church. I call them "free hours" because you'll never have anything scheduled then, there will never be an expectation to do yard work or anything else in those couple hours. The only thing you can really do is either go out to Yorgo's Bageldashery and enjoy the atmosphere of mostly people just waking up, dotted with the firemen and policemen who are just ending their shift; or enjoy homemade pancakes or waffles curled up on the couch with Amy, Jack and Emma. The kids will usually let me watch CBS Sunday Morning or Meet the Press for about 5 minutes, until it's too much for their toddler bodies to handle and then we watch something much more exciting like Toy Story 3, Brave, or Cars 2. Regardless of what we're watching, it's one of my favorite times of the week. No expectations to do, be, see or make. Just being there with them.

Until we realize that we only have 20 minutes until church and the kids aren't dressed yet and have dried syrup on their face... :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment