Sunday, May 18, 2014

Made well

The past week has been tough for me and for those I love. I'm not much for putting specifics on here, but it's been hard for lots of people in my life. It's especially hard being underway during events like these when there's only so much you can do from 8000 miles away. It makes me all the more appreciative of my amazing wife and kids:





Today's sermon was poignant. The punch line was Philippians 4:8 "Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things." Outside of God, these are my most true, noble, right, pure, lovely and admirable things.

I'm reminded about a sermon that I heard a couple years ago. It was about Jesus' healing at Bethesda. He said to man being healed, "Do you want to be made well?" For us to begin to be better than we are, physically or mentally, we first have to make the decision to be made well. To surround ourselves with things that are good, right, and noble.  

- Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment