Sunday, February 13, 2011

Big Step(s)



Today was a milestone day in the Phillips house. Emma had her first solids meal! For the last few weeks, she has been grabbing at our drinks, forks, and especially food...and she even succeeded in grabbing my slice of pizza and almost getting it in her mouth! So, I decided that she was trying to tell me something. I tried to give her some rice cereal last week, but her tongue had a mind of it's own and still pushed it out. But, tonight at dinner she kept grabbing at our food, so I tried again. Her tongue is still a little confused, but she is definitely ready. After the first spoonful, she was all smiles and even cried when it took me too long to give her another spoonful. She lurched forward for the spoon every time it came close to her mouth. So, I think we're definitely ready. Can't believe my little baby is already starting solids!

And...I think we might have finally turned the corner with Jack...NO MORE BOTTLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment