Wednesday, January 26, 2011

New Friends, Playdates, and Rich the Milkman

What an exciting day! This morning when Jack woke up, he looked out the window and preclaimed "Snow!". This is morning number 5 (at least) that Jack has let me know that we are STILL covered in the white stuff. Little does he know what he will see tomorrow morning! But, as much as I am hating the snow, I know it's super fun for him to wake up each morning and see it!

Our mornings have finally fallen into a routine. Jack wakes up (too early) and gets in my bed and watches Fireman Sam while I try to catch a few more minutes of sleep before Emma gets up. Then we go downstairs and everyone has breakfast. After that, Jack plays, Emma hangs out and I get a couple things around the house done. This morning while I was emptying the dishwasher, I hear Jack talking to Emma. So, I peaked around the corner and what did I see? Jack, standing next to Emma in her exersaucer, pointing to the pictures of the animals, and telling her what each animal was and what it says. So cute! What a good big brother. After he made it through all the animals, he started to bring her trains and cars to play with. She had about 15 when he was done. But, I guess he thought she was still bored, so he brought her a basketball. I think that was her favorite!

Late in the morning, our friends Miss Liz, Charles, and baby Henry and our new friends Miss Ashley and Maddox (Maddox's daddy is in Matt's class) came over for a play date. We had a ton of fun - all of us. Some good adult conversation, the boys got to play and get their crazies out, and Emma got to flirt with her boyfriend Henry! But, before the fun ended, we had a special surprise....the MILKMAN!!! I found a local diary - based in RI, but the cows live in CT - that delivers their milk, along with a few other yummy, local, organic things. Our milkman, Rich, drives an old school milk truck, painted like a Holstein cow. Very cool. He sat outside our house for about 5 minutes and the boys were glued to the window. He even honked and waved when he left. Talk about an exciting morning. AND....Jack and I finally got our yummy glass bottled milk back!

We also had a good "word" day today. A "word" day is when we learn and say lots of new words. Today we said a couple new sentences - trash truck, bye kitty....and a few new words - marshmallow, Muno and Fuffa (from Yo Gabba Gabba). And, he actually helped me read our bedtime book about tractors!
Tonight, as Jack was giving me our goodnight kisses in bed, I whispered to him "just wait till you see the snow tomorrow morning". He looked at me with excited, shining eyes, and whispered "snow!" Can't wait to see the excitement those 10 new inches will bring tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment