Thursday, October 28, 2010

Food, Inc. Update

I can't believe the number of people who emailed me, called me, Facebooked me, or just plan old talked to me about my blog entry on Food, Inc (the documentary) and the changes that Matt and I made in our house. So many people told me that they made the change too...or were planning on it. It made me realize that we really all can make a difference, because it's not just the Phillips' who made the change...it's a lot more than that!

So, here is the update! We have stuck to what we said we would do, and let me tell you, it's way harder with two kids than it was with one! (the going to the stores part) Of course, convenience has won out a time or two, but about 99% of the time, we are buying local (1st) or organic if local isn't an option.

I just found local dairy products from a dairy in PA. There is something really comforting about drinking your milk from a glass bottle. Even if I did have to call my mom and ask her what to do with the cream layer on top of Jack's whole milk bottle. I don't know if it tastes better, but it sure feels better!



http://www.tricklingspringscreamery.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment