Monday, September 13, 2010

A new addition!

It's been quite a week. On Wednesday, I celebrated my 30th birthday, AND the birth of our second child. It was a GIRL!! As with Jack, I'm so glad we decided to wait to find out the sex until she was born. It is such an exciting moment!

Emma Mae Phillips joined Team Phillips on Wednesday, September 8, 2010 at 9:29am (ironically, I was born on September 8, 1980 at 9:34am). Matt was telling me the time each minute the last few minutes before she was born - we were convinced that it was going to be the same time! Emma measured 19.5 inches and weighed in at 7lbs 2oz - she's a tiny little thing!

We had a planned C-section this time around so things were much calmer than with Jack. Walking into the OR instead of being rushed down the hall - much better!

We were lucky enough to have some great visitors - my parents, Matt's mom and Chuck, and one of my best friends, Emily Babcock - to welcome Emma to the world! And of course big brother Jack met Emma for the first time too!

We only had to stay 2 nights in the hospital and got home early evening on Friday. Emma is super easy going and Jack just loves her!





No comments:

Post a Comment