Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Monster of a Shoe

Jack has a new favorite accessory - his monster slippers. A birthday gift from his Great Aunt Alison, his monster slippers have sat on top of his dresser since April. Every once in a while I'd show them to him, but unfortunately he never had much interest until about 2 weeks ago. One morning he started pointing and asking for me to hand him something on his dresser. We went through everything, the baseball, the diaper rash cream, a book, lotion bottle...I couldn't figure it out...and then, I got it. I handed him one of the monster slippers and he immediately held it to his foot, waiting for me to put it on. After one was on, he pointed to the second. I put the second slipper on, and he held his feet up in the air and admired his slippers and chatted them up for about 2-3 minutes. That was the start of the slipper monster, so to speak. Every morning, for the last two weeks, we had to put our monster slippers on before we can leave our room. Luckily, he still lets me take them off and put his real shoes on before we leave the house, but I have a sneaking suspicion that soon, we are going to have to wear our monster slippers everywhere!


No comments:

Post a Comment